ORLANDO, Fla., 2 April 2015. Rockwell Collins is launching its new EP-8100 Image Generator for commercial and military simulation and training.
“Our new high fidelity EP-8100 image generator addresses the key issues facing our customers today, namely how to bring new levels of realism and performance to their training environments while preserving the investments they’ve already made,” explains LeAnn Ridgeway, vice president and general manager, Simulation & Training for Rockwell Collins. “It provides high-performance image generation in a compact design with increased reliability.”
The EP-8100 can use customers’ existing databases. Its conversion software = allows existing Rockwell Collins synthetic environments and many industry standard synthetic environments to run on the EP-8100. These converted environments can be executed in their original form or may be enhanced to take advantage of the unique capabilities of the EP-8100.
Other capabilities of the EP-8100 include:
- WholeEarth environment, allowing large-area training with small inset development
- Per-primitive blur for more realistic smoke, dust or heat haze
- High-fidelity snow and rain effects with a full depth image rendering
- Regional weather, allowing up to eight simultaneous, unique weather patterns with smooth and continuous transition from one to another
- Adaptive architecture, providing efficient volumetric rendering (patent pending) for more realistic clouds, smoke and dust
- Industry-leading anti-aliasing algorithms, yielding superior moving image quality
- High-fidelity sensor simulation, addressing IR, NVG, EO and LLTV requirements
- Largest catalog of high-resolution airport models available; regular updates are also available
Rockwell Collins develops and deploys communication and aviation electronic solutions for commercial and government applications, as well as boasts expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, simulation and training, and information management.