AUSTIN, Texas, 3 July 2014. 4DSP’s new FM788 is an FPGA-based, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) card designed to deliver unparalleled performance for a variety of applications, including beamforming, direction finding, radar, and satellite communications.
This XMC module is based on Xilinx’s Virtex-7 and features eight 16-bit A/D channels. Its design provides the largest channel count in this frequency range and the most available onboard memory for real-time buffering of large data vectors, officials say. With four 10Gbps optical transceivers, the FM788 can be directly connected to a remote storage system without any CPU involvement.
“This approach of offering a way to digitize multiple analog channels, perform signal processing using the Virtex-7 and offload data to a storage system using optical connections on a single card overcomes the inherent limitations of bussed architectures,” says 4DSP CTO Pierrick Vulliez. “The FM788 provides predictable performance in a small form factor and reduces overall system power consumption.”
With the option to be conduction-cooled, the FM788 features 10GBytes of DDR3 SDRAM that is tightly coupled to the FPGA. The card also has the ability to synchronize signal sampling, making it an excellent choice for large channel count data acquisition.
• Virtex-7 XC7VX485T, XC7VX980T, XC7VX690T, XC7VX1140T
• Eight-channel 16-bit 250MSPS A/D conversion
• Available as air-cooled and conduction-cooled. Heat sink available for air-cooled applications.
• XMC form factor
• Coaxial front panel inputs on SSMC connectors
• Single-ended, AC- or DC-coupled analog input
• 4x 10Gbps transceivers
• Flexible clock tree with onboard or external clock
• Trigger/Sync input
• PCIe controller: 4- and 8-lane
• XMC to PCIe adapter available. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
• 1Gbit FPGA configuration onboard Flash
• 128Mbit user-defined Flash ROM
• Stellar IP available for this product. A simple way to design FPGA firmware with automated code and bitstream generation
• Board Support Package (BSP)
• Data analyzer
• Board control and monitoring tools
• Flash programming utility
• Confidence tests
• Host side API
• Software program example
• Xilinx ISE projects for both FPGA
• Test firmware and VHDL source code
• Drivers for Windows, Linux and VxWorks
• Direction Finding
• Software-defined radio (SDR)
• Satellite communication systems
• JPEG2000 Video Image Processors
• Baseband Communication Transceivers
• Multi-Channel digital receivers
• Up to 64M-point floating-point FFT processing
4DSP continues expansion of our embedded industry leading FMC product line, visit the 4DSP website for a complete product listing. The VP780 and FM780 Virtex-7 VPX and XMC cards combine performance and flexibility. Both cards support 4DSP's FMC series of high-speed digitizers and waveform generators as well as third-party products compliant to the VITA 57.1 FMC standard.
The Kintex-7 based PC720 a half-size PCI Express desktop-compliant card offers advanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) capabilities and multiple I/O options.