Skyservice receives TCCA and FAA STC approval for Universal Avionics 'NextGen and Beyond' Learjet 45 upgrade
TUCSON, AZ – Universal Avionics Authorized Dealer, Skyservice Business Aviation Inc., has received TCCA and FAA approval for Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for its Bombardier Learjet 45 'NextGen and Beyond' upgrade. EASA approval for certification is imminent.
The certification covers the addition of a UA UniLink UL-801 Communications Management Unit (CMU) and CVR-120R Cockpit Voice Recorder to the already installed UNS-1Ew SBAS-Flight Management System (FMS). The upgrade offers operators capabilities for current and future mandated technologies including:
- Controller-Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC)
- CPDLC Departure Clearances (DCL)
- Enroute Data Communications (Data Comm)
- Oceanic Future Air Navigation System (FANS) 1/A+
- Aeronautical Telecommunications Network Baseline 1 (ATN B1)
- Localizer Performance with Vertical Navigation (LPV) / Performance-Based Navigation (PBN)
The first upgraded aircraft was delivered to the customer in July 2018, with the second and third aircraft expected for delivery in October 2019 and April 2020. To learn more about 'NextGen and Beyond' visit uasc.com/nextgen.
Ready to make a purchase? Search the Intelligent Aerospace Buyer's Guide for companies, new products, press releases, and videos