DALLAS, 20 Aug. 2015. Advantage Aviation Technologies (AAT) has unveiled its wing, fuselage, and secondary window support shoring system, designed to provide Boeing 737 aircraft operators and maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) professionals a cost-effective component assembly repair solution for FAA RIN 2120-AA64 Airworthiness Directive and scheduled aircraft maintenance. The Boeing 737 Support Structure system supports key areas of 737 aircraft during aircraft on ground (AOG), scheduled, and Boeing issued airworthiness directive inspections.
The support structure system provides operators and MROs an alternative to existing wood specific fuselage and wing supports with design improvement integration of metal, wood, and aluminum, increasing performance, portability, and storage. The AAT-designed support system provides adjustable support of Boeing 737, fuselage, wing, keel, and secondary window sections of the aircraft.
The AAT Support System boasts seven individual assembly stations.
· Wing, fuselage keel, and alternative fuselage window support assembly stations
· Fabricated with a combination of metal, aluminum and hard-oak saddle supports
· Single and double precision screw jacks and preset adjustment pins for exact fit
· Retractable weight bearing Side-Wind Swivel Jacks for easy maneuverability
· Contoured hard oak wood saddles is fabricated to exact dimensions
· Each support system is designed to provide over 50% weight bearing beyond spec
“The FAA recently issued an AD requiring visual inspection of potential fuselage issues on 737 600 and 700 series airplanes. We designed this system specifically for commercial operator MROs that require scheduled 737 support repairs and inspections,” says Glenn Mayberry, director of commercial aircraft sales at AAT. “We wanted to demonstrate our commitment to operators with a dual use inspection and repair solution.”
For over 25 years, Advantage Aviation Technologies (AAT) is a provider of commercial, general aviation, and aerospace fixed-wing and rotor-wing aircraft solutions, as well as fabrication and repair services. AAT is a women-owned business.