BOHEMIA, N.Y., 3 June 2016. Data Device Corporation (DDC) in Bohemia, New York, is introducing a modular, scalable, digital signal processing (DSP)-based motor controller offering multi-interface position, torque, and speed control for demanding high reliability aerospace and defense applications.
The new PW-87/88 series position, torque, and speed motor controller is available with 600/1200 volts DC (VDC) and up to 75 amps (A) output current. The compact, plug-and-play motor controller is easily configured for optimal motor performance using the supplied Windows-based graphical user interface (GUI), providing cost saving flexibility to support changing application requirements, officials say.
- Fully integrated, plug-and-play solution — bus powered platform with on-board power terminals and I/O connectors
- Compact, efficient single-module design provides size, weight, power, and cost (SWaP-C) savings
- Easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI) provides a turnkey solution that can be easily tuned for use with a wide variety of brushless DC motors and loads
- Hall, resolver, or encoder interface allows common design for position control to be used across multiple application platforms
- Fully programmable device to meet system requirements, eliminates need for costly hardware/software updates
- 600VDC and 1200VDC rating available, with up to 75A output current
Available in multiple configurations:
- Single-board control/drive integrated solution
- Dual card small form factor, providing smaller footprint in dual stack card configuration, and available custom configuration to enable controller to be separated from drive section (w/optional harnessing)
- Controller board only; for use with external power drive
“Position, torque and speed control, along with multi-interface compatibility, and highly flexible programmability, enables the PW-87/88 series hi-rel motor controller w/integrated drive to be reconfigured for changing system requirements across multiple platforms, eliminating the need for costly hardware and software updates,” says Vincent Giardini, DDC product line director, motor control solutions.”
Data Device Corporation (DDC) is a designer and manufacturer of high-reliability connectivity, power and control solutions (data networking; power distribution, control and conversion; motor control and motion feedback) for aerospace, defense, and industrial applications. With awards for quality, delivery, and support, DDC has served industry as a trusted resource for more than 50 years, providing proven solutions that are optimized for efficiency, reliability, and performance. Data Device Corporation brands include DDC, Beta Transformer Technology Corporation, National Hybrid Inc., Pascall Electronics Ltd., and XCEL Power Systems Ltd. DDC is headquartered in Bohemia, N.Y., and has manufacturing operations in New York, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.
You might also like:
Subscribe today to receive all the latest aerospace technology and engineering news, delivered directly to your e-mail inbox twice a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays). Sign upfor your free subscription to the Intelligent Inbox e-newsletter at http://www.intelligent-aerospace.com/subscribe.html.