ANDOVER, Mass. Mercury Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:MRCY) is expanding its EnterpriseSeries line of trusted computing systems with the XR6 RESmini rugged mini server, equipped with Intel Xeon Scalable (Skylake) processors and a new FAA-compliant power case and able to operate independently for two hours without a power source.
"We've been listening carefully to our customers who've consistently expressed the need for IT infrastructure more suitable for expeditionary operations," says Michael Schneider, vice president of Mercury's Trusted Mission Solutions group (formerly Themis Computer). "The XR6 RESmini is a very small, environmentally resilient, enterprise-class server. When combined with the FAA-compliant, RESmini Carry-On Power Case, operators can fly with the RESmini in a commercial aircraft's overhead bin and operate it in virtually any power environment."
XR6 RESmini highlights include:
· A data center in a briefcase: The XR6 RESmini delivers high performance in a reliable briefcase-size package. The system embeds an Intel Xeon Scalable Processor with 28 cores, and 240 terabytes (TB) of storage in a lightweight, portable chassis that runs on either AC or DC power. Intel AVX-512, additional cores, a 50 percent increase in memory channels, and 20 percent more PCI Express (PCIe) lanes accelerate workloads and maximize performance.
· Designed to be on the move: Measuring 4 x 13.5 x 11 inches and weighing 15 pounds, RESmini minimizes size, weight, and power (SWaP) requirements and includes 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10Gbe) ports, expansion slots, multiple I/O, and eight swappable drives for configuration versatility to support current and future operations.
· Operation in the most stringent environments: The RESmini can operate in 0°C to +50°C temperatures, with greater temperature extremes available for special configurations. Advanced thermal and mechanical design features deliver superior resilience to shock, vibration, dust, sand, and temperature extremes. The system meets MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-901D, and MIL-STD-167-1 specifications.
For applications that require autonomous operation, the RESmini can be integrated within a FAA carry-on compliant UPS power case. Designed by Acumentrics, the system delivers versatile power in a rugged, lightweight, and portable case.
"The RESmini Carry-On Power Case System is designed to be completely autonomous and flexible," says Steve Corbesero, senior VP for sales and marketing at Acumentrics. "The system automatically adjusts to the AC power on hand and will even run on a 12/28 volt DC power source commonly found on an aircraft, military vehicle, or light commercial vehicle."
RESmini Power Case features include:
· Designed for the field: The entire RESmini power case system weighs 47 pounds and features a 4-by-11-by-14-inch internal electronic bay that can power the RESmini along with other small electronics. The military-standard waterproof casing is molded out of high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin that resists UV, solvent, corrosion, fungus, and impact damage. A patented trigger release latch system and an automatic ambient pressure equalization valve along with a lockable lid enhance security on the field.
· Dense embedded power: The power case provides over 100 minutes of autonomous run-time for typical operations and can be powered by both AC (100-240V, 47-400Hz) and DC (10-30V) power. This ensures operation across a multitude of global voltages and frequencies as well as inside a vehicle. The case can also be powered by standard military batteries. Optional hot swappable battery packs that increase run time are available.
· Built-in safety: The system is designed to meet UN-DOT 38.3 for FAA compliance. A fail-safe battery disconnect prevents battery drainage and ensures safety during transport. Wheels, retractable handles, and cushioned grips assure smooth transport for mission-critical operations on the move.
Mercury Systems (NASDAQ:MRCY) is a commercial provider of secure sensor and safety-critical processing subsystems. Optimized for customer and mission success, Mercury's solutions power a wide variety of critical defense and intelligence programs. Headquartered in Andover, Mass., Mercury is leading a next-generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the industry's current and emerging technology needs.