The E-2D Advanced Hawkeye is a game changer in how the Navy will conduct battle management command and control. By serving as the "digital quarterback" to sweep ahead of strike, manage the mission, and keep netcentric carrier battle groups out of harms way, the E-2D Advanced Hawkeye is the key to advancing the mission, no matter what it may be. The E-2D gives the warfighter expanded battlespace awareness, especially in the area of information operations delivering battle management, theater air and missile defense, and multiple sensor fusion capabilities in an airborne system.
With a two-generation leap in radar sensor capability and a robust network enabled capability, the Advanced Hawkeye will deliver critical, actionable data to joint forces and first responders. These advances provide warfighters with the necessary situational awareness to compress the time between initial awareness and active engagement.
Some of the many new features of the Advanced Hawkeye are
· A completely new radar featuring both mechanical and electronic scanning capabilities
· Fully Integrated "All Glass" Tactical Cockpit
· Advanced Identification Friend or Foe System
· New Mission Computer and Tactical Workstations
· Electronic Support Measures Enhancements
· Modernized Communications and Data Link Suite
These and other new developments incorporated into the E-2D ensure
· True 360-degree radar coverage provides uncompromised all-weather tracking and situational awareness
· Open architecture compliant, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS)-based hardware and software enables rapid, cost-wise technology refresh for consistent leading-edge mission tools
· A true FORCEnet enabler - A force multiplier through network enabled capability, Advanced Hawkeye is the gateway to Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Michael G. Mullen's vision for a "1,000-ship navy."
· Multi-mission flexibility ranging from command and control through missile defense to border security
HONEYWELL ASCA INC
C M C ELECTRONICS INC
COMPOSITES ATLANTIC LTD
AVIOR INTEGRATED PRODUCTS
C M C ELECTRONICS INC
eNGENUITY TECHNOLOGIES (USA) INC
SELEX COMMUNICATIONS S p A
BORGO BAINSIZZA LATINA
GERMAN-DUTCH WIND TUNNELS DNW
THALES COMUNICATIONS SA
ENERTEC AMERICA INC
AERAZUR ZODIAC GRP
BARROW IN FURNESS
Information and images courtesy Northrop Grumman Corp.