Embraer foresees world demand for 10,550 new aircraft with up to 150 seats over the next 20 years

Embraer announced at the 53rd International Paris Air Show that over the next 20 years, the company forecasts a steady market demand for 10,550 new aircraft with up to 150 seats worldwide, worth USD $600 billion.

Jun 18th, 2019
Embraer Logo

PARIS - Embraer announced at the 53rd International Paris Air Show that over the next 20 years, the company forecasts a steady market demand for 10,550 new aircraft with up to 150 seats worldwide, worth USD $600 billion. Market growth will drive 55% of total demand and the remaining 45% will be delivered to replace ageing aircraft.

While region-specific outlooks vary considerably, efficiency and sustainability remain the underlying drivers to support the projected market demand. The up to 150-seat segment will form an ever more integral part of the global air transport eco system.

"Despite great results that have been shown by the industry since 2015, when the EBIT Margin touched the unprecedented level of 8.6%, we have seen those margins falling, systematically: 8.5% in 2016, 7.5% in 2017, 5.8% in 2018," said John Slattery, President & CEO, Embraer Commercial Aviation. "For sure, those numbers are still strong, but it's quite reasonable to consider that the peak of this great cycle is behind us".

The economic performance of the airline industry will mostly depend on how far costs will rise and to what extent the industry can sustain a healthy revenue environment. Aircraft in the up to 150-seat segment are the most efficient tool to combine the best in cost efficiency with stronger yields.

The 2019-2038 full report is available at http://www.embraermarketoutlook2019.com.

More in Paris Air Show